Recruitment of Optical Assistant - closed for further applications
We are looking for a new member to join our team, to assist in the provision and delivery of the highest standard of optometry services to patients in our ethical and well-equipped independent practice. The new team member will uphold and demonstrate daily the values and beliefs Dunstone Optometry by constantly providing our patients with a delightful professional experience. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a friendly team in a ‘brass plate’ optometry practice in the beautiful market town of Hadleigh, South Suffolk.
The Practice serves the community Monday to Friday (including Tuesday evenings) and is closed at weekends.
Experience in optometry is not essential although a relaxed and easy manner with the public, good written, computer and oral communication skills and excellent organisation are essential. We offer training and the opportunity to develop the career of the successful applicant to perform an important role in community eye care.
Optical Assistant/ Receptionist
At Dunstone Optometry, Optical Assistants are required to work as part of our Optometry team to assist in the provision and delivery of services to patients. In particular by providing all front of house services to a high level and ensuring the business flourishes, in line with practice guidelines and policies. Role includes assisting with dispensing of spectacles and the smooth running of the Practice.
- Relaxed and easy manner with the public
- Team player with strong relationship building skills
- Pro-active approach
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong business ethic
- Flexibility to work additional hours on request
- Training, support and supervision provided, in house.
- Potential of supporting employee towards external qualifications by distance learning in subjects of Optometric Assistant and/or Dispensing Assistant.
- If employee is interested and external training agreed: Payment of external training fees to be paid by employer and paid time to attend courses and examinations where appropriate.
- Study for examinations to be in own time.
- 31 hours pw,
- Hours negotiable for the right applicant.
- 4 weeks paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays; increasing by one day per year to maximum of 5 weeks plus bank holidays,
- Initial trial period to ascertain post is mutually beneficial.
- Depending on experience, individual attributes and skills; range £15,000 - £20,000
- 25 Jan 2022
Interested in joining the team?