Covid-19 policy; Dunstone Optometry
We look forward to welcoming you into the Practice. We continue to work under the guidance of The College of Optometrists, Association of Optometrists and NHS England.
To keep you and our team safe from COVID-19 please could you follow the following advice when attending:
- Arrive exactly on time for your appointment (neither early or late),
- The front door is kept locked; knock, step back and will greet you,
- We ask that you attend wearing a face covering; we will provide if you are unable to make your own or obtain one,
- Advise us prior to attending if you or anyone in your home feels unwell and there is a suspicion of COVID-19,
- Please where possible attend on your own, unless requiring a chaperone or attending with a minor,
- Children to be accompanied by only one parent/guardian,
- Follow the health and safety advice of the team as you move around the building,
- You may be requested to leave by the back door,
- We ask that you adhere to the 1m plus social distancing rules with regard to our support staff and other patients,
- We will limit the number of people in the building at any time,
- The clinic will be sanitised between patients, including spectacle and trial frames when used,
- You may be telephoned prior to your appointment to discuss your symptoms or requirements,
- On arrival at the clinic we will reaffirm that you remain well and asymptomatic of Covid 19 symptoms,
- The optometrist will be wearing PPE comprising of a plastic apron, face mask, visor if indicated and (depending on cercumstances) gloves,
- Support staff will wear face masks at all times, as well as spectacles/eye protection,
- Examinations will only include essential/necessary tests to reduce face to face contact time,
- The toilet will be kept closed although please ask if use required,
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the clinic, and
- We prefer payments made via card instead of cash at this time.
Please be assured we will make the experience of attending as comfortable as possible in the circumstances and constantly monitor Government advice as it emerges. Thank you for your understanding. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Dunstone Optometry 01473 823755