Covid-19 policy; Dunstone Optometry
We look forward to welcoming you into the Practice. We continue to work under the guidance of The College of Optometrists, Association of Optometrists and NHS England. Restrictions have been part lifted recently.
To keep you and our team safe from COVID-19 please could you follow the following advice when attending:
- Arrive as close as possible to the time for your appointment (neither early or late),
- Enter on arrival but please observe social distancing,
- You are encouraged to wear a face covering if possible. We will provide a mask if you are unable to obtain one,
- Advise us prior to attending if you or anyone in your home feels unwell or there is a suspicion of COVID-19*, or if this has been the case during the last 14 days,
- Possible Covid symptoms are numerous and include fever, cough, loss of taste, bad cold, runny nose, headache & sore throat,
- Please bring to our attention when making your appointment if you are clinically extremely vulnerable or previously shielded,
- Please where possible attend on your own, unless requiring a chaperone or attending with a minor,
- Children to be accompanied by only one parent/guardian,
- Follow the health and safety advice of the team as you move around the building,
- We ask that you adhere to social distancing where possible with regard to our support staff and other patients,
- We will limit the number of people in the building at any time,
- The clinic will be sanitised between patients, including spectacle and trial frames when used,
- The optometrist will be wearing a face mask and (depending on circumstances) gloves,
- Support staff will wear face masks at all times,
- The toilet is available for use by patients attending by appointment (notice displayed requesting cleaning of room with sanitising wipes afterwards),
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the clinic,
- When you telephone to make an appointment an optometrist may wish to discuss your requirements.
Please be assured we will make the experience of attending as comfortable as possible in the circumstances and constantly monitor Government and Professional Association advice as it emerges. Thank you for your understanding. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Dunstone Optometry 01473 823755