NHS and Private - including home visits which are available and welcomed
Your vision and eye health is extremely important to us. To ensure that you treceive a thorough eye examination we use the very latest optical technology. This can include Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) scans. An extended examination ie recommended for all patients, rather than the more basic NHS Sight Test.
OCT is an advanced eye scan for people of all ages. Similar to ultrasound, OCT uses light rather than sound waves to illustrate the different layers of the eye and provides a three dimentional scan of the eye strucures. The scan is non-invasive, painless, simple and quick. The images are saved, together with a digital retinal photograph, for future comparison. Common conditions identified through regular OCT scans are age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, macular holes and vitreous detachments (see 'eye conditions' page for futher information of these conditions).
Booking your eye examination could not be more simple - telephone, call into the Practice or send a message via the 'Contact Us' page of this site.
After 25 years examinining eyes in Hadleigh Derek Dunstone will be taking a sabatical commencing October 2016 - click here for information
- Fee for Private Eye Examination £85 with Dr Dunstone, £65 with Mr Giles, £45 with Miss Coleman to include digital retinal imaging and OCT scan when appropriate
- Separate Fee for OCT scan £35
- Fee for Diabetic Retinopathy Screening NHS + £35 or £50 with DJD
- Extended NHS examination £50; this includes, as appropriate, digital imaging, OCT scan, contact tonometry, pachymetry, full threshold visual fields, red eye/dry eye assessment, referral refinement, pupil dilatation.
- NHS subsidy towards eye care available to some patients, including the following categories:
- Age under 16
- Age 16— 19, in full-time education
- Age 60+
- Patients with diabetes or glaucoma (or family history of glaucoma)
- Income Support and other low-income categories. Please enquire for full details of NHS availability
- Eye examination, Contact Lens aftercare and 12 months support: £115 with Mr Dunstone and £100 with colleague
- Copy of Prescription £7
- Spectacle dispensing fees - single vision £40, multifocal £80 (included in the price of spectacles)
- If an eye examination is carried out privately and the NHS fee subsequently claimed, the maximum fee refunded will be £20.10. This is our charge for a basic Sight Test; fees above this are for additional procedures eg scans, contact lens care etc. Comprehensive eye examinations are provided privately rather than basic 'Sight Tests'.